Banana leaves are similar to Indian Almond. Many shrimp and betta fish keepers use Banana leaves in their fish tanks, to help encourage breeding and spawning. They provide a nice hiding place for shrimps/fish.
Some other benefits are:
- Reduction of pH to benefit plants and fish/shrimp
- Helps to relieve stress
- Stimulates breeding in Bettas
- Helps cure fish and shrimp skin due to anti bacterial properties
- Helps stop the growth of bacteria
- Stimulates colours on fish and shrimp
- Provides biofilm grazing for baby shrimp
We recommend one leaf per 20L of water. Once the leaf decomposes replace. leave in the aquarium until the shrimp have consumed the leaf.
Rinse all leaves before placing in aquarium.